top of page
Restorative corridor in the Arup office in Warsaw. Project by Workplace & Impronta. Photo by Adam Grzesik
When science meets architecture unique environments are created.
We know from the scientific evidence that spaces have the potential to improve
wellbeing, enhance mood, inspire, heal the mind and the body. Scientific insights aid creation of spaces that nourish people and are tailored to their needs.
Efficacy of neuroscience for architectural design:
• Neuroscientific insights support design decisions, which are usually based on experience and intuition.
• Neuroscience brings information on how humans think, feel, act and interact with environments. It shifts focus from aesthetics towards multi-sensory and embodied experience of architecture.
• Neuroscience research helps to consider characteristics of a specific population we design for, i.e. children, elderly, neurodiverse people, aiding their wellbeing.
• Neuroscience tools enable quantification of human experience improving efficiency and efficacy of design process.
• Neuroscience brings increased control over design process and its outcomes.
bottom of page